Leading people into a growing relationship with Jesus
FACING THE DOOR OF IDENTITY
8 “I see what you’ve done. Now see what I’ve done. I’ve opened a door before you that no one can slam shut. You don’t have much strength, I know that; you used what you had to keep my Word. You didn’t deny me when times were rough. Revelation 3:8 (MSG)
Learning your true identity does two things:
It gives you the ______________________________ of the past
and the courage to _______________ into the future.
HOW DO YOU FIND OUT YOUR TRUE IDENTITY?
You must first know _________________ you are.
“Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us.” Genesis 1:26 (NLT)
HOW DO I KEEP MY TRUE IDENTITY IN CHECK AND STAY FOCUSED ON MY DESTINY?
1. REMEMBER, YOUR PAST ___________________,____________________ONLY GOD CAN.
17 Now, if anyone is enfolded into Christ, he has become an entirely new creation. All that is related to the old order has vanished. Behold, everything is fresh and new. 2 Corinthiana 5:17 (TPT)
2. DON’T FOCUS ON WHAT _______________ HAVE SAID, FOCUS ON WHAT _____________ HAS SAID.
3. STOP ____________________________________ AND START SAYING WHAT GOD SAYS.
10 But Moses pleaded with the LORD, “O Lord, I’m not very good with words. I never have been, and I’m not now, even though you have spoken to me. I get tongue-tied, and my words get tangled.” 11 Then the LORD asked Moses, “Who makes a person’s mouth? Who decides whether people speak or do not speak, hear or do not hear, see or do not see? Is it not I, the LORD?” Exodus 4:10-11 (NLT)
1. What is Holy Spirit saying to me?
2. Read Ephesians 1:3-14 every day this week.
3. Pick up a “What God Says About Me” brochure in the foyer and begin to
learn or remind yourself of what He says about you.