PRAYER AND FASTING
January 10 - 30
GUIDE TO 21 Day FAST
• Consult a doctor if you have any medical issues before starting your fast.
• A fast is a time of denying yourself food for set time. The purpose is to devote time to God in prayer and have a prayerful attituded throughout the day.
• Be sure that you know why you are fasting. It’s not to lose weight.
• Drink plenty of fluids. Water is best.
• Have a specific prayer list to guide you (see our suggested list).
• Journal what you prayed for. You will be amazed!
SUGGESTED SCHEDULE FOR YOU:
EVENING BEFORE YOU BEGIN
• Eat a normal, but not excessive, dinner at your regular dinnertime.
• Before bed, spend time reading Scripture.
(Suggested Scriptures to read: Psalm 1, Psalm 63, Luke 4).
• Spend some time praying asking God to increase your passion for Him. Confess any sins you know are hindering your relationship with God.
• Once you get in bed, pray until you fall asleep.
MORNING OF YOUR FAST
• Wake up at your normal time.
• Instead of eating breakfast, spend time with God.
Read Philippians 2:1-11.
• Reflect on Christ’s sacrifice for you. Pray that God will enable you to have His attitude today.
During the hours when you are hungry, view those hunger pains as God nudging you to pray. Pray quietly throughout the morning, even during your regular routine. Engage your normal responsibilities but do so with an awareness of His grace.
During your lunch hour, remove yourself from the day-to-day rush and spend 20 or 30 minutes in prayer. Walk around outside of your office or home. Shut off the noise and spend some time listening to God. If there is a decision or a struggle in your life, ask God to give you clarity.
This will be the time when you are most hungry and weak. Each time you are hungry, thank Him for filling you spiritually. Each time you feel weak, thank Him for being the One who truly satisfies (Psalm 63:8).
• The last few hours of the fast are often the most intimate with God and the most clarifying.
• Devote time praying for your personal spiritual health.
• Spend time declaring God’s greatness and thanking Him for all He has done.
• Confess any ongoing struggles or sins you wrestle with.
• Yield to Him. Submit to Him.
• Devote time praying for The Father’s House, your church.
JANUARY NEXT STEPS
SERMON SERIES – BOOK OF PRAYERS
• There have been many classes taught on the subject of prayer.
• There have been seminars on prayer.
• There have been countless sermons on prayer.
• There have been numerous books written about prayer.
Yet the Bible is the ultimate Prayer Book.
In this series, we will learn to pray through the examples of great prayers found throughout the Bible.
UNITE714.com (daily @7:14 am + pm – on your own)
Join over 180 nations praying against the pandemic.
SATURDAY PRAYER – 8:00 am
Virtual Prayer Gathering – TFH FaceBook Prayer and Praise Group
It is easy to get into a routine of how prayer is structured and lose the impact of actually praying. Far too often prayer has been relegated to a few who show up on Saturday to pray. But God wants all of us to participate in prayer.
Don’t just turn in prayer requests, but be a part of the Prayer and Praise Group that is on call 24 hours a day – 7 days a week. PT will share prayer ideas and lead us all in actually praying together on Saturday mornings @ 8:00 am
21 DAYS OF IMPACTFUL PRAYER AND FASTING – Jan.10-30.
We are moving forward this year as a church, with 21 Days of Impactful Prayer and Fasting. See the Prayer and Fasting brochure and TFH Website for more information.
BYA – Because You Asked (Jan. 13, 20, 27 – 7:14PM)
Join PT on The Father’s House FaceBook Page for answers to your questions about prayer and the Sunday teaching – Every Monday you will have an opportunity to post your questions on the TFH FB page.
YOUVERSION Bible Plan (Jan. 10-30)
“Open Heaven ~ 21 Days of prayer”
Join us on a 21 day journey toward an Open Heaven with this daily devotional plan from the YouVersion Bible App.